Getting ready for Christmas
It's December 8th already!! Where has the last year gone?? A year ago we had just returned from our Florida holiday; I can hardly believe it's been a year already!
I have been doing alot of shopping; every year I tell myself I want to get it all done early but seems every Christmas Eve I'm up until 1:00 am wrapping gifts! I'm determined that's not going to happen this year! Today I wrapped quite a few gifts; will be nice when I know that everything is done!
Me, Christian and Katia all have colds - 2nd one for all of us in less than 2 months - what a pain! I just hope that all the colds and sniffles are out of the way by Christmas and that we can enjoy our week in Austria in good health.
We had our first Christmas Party in the restaurant last week and though our December bookings were ok, they weren't anything to write home about, but surprisingly, they are coming in now thick and fast. I can't believe how many groups have left it so late to organise a party! Mind you, WE haven't organised anything for our staff!
Christian had some nice news last week - he got 80% on a science test, 84% on a math test (highest in his class) plus his trumpet instructor told him that he is doing alot better than he'd expected - hopefully due to our insistance that he start practicing more than 5 minutes per week!
I have been doing alot of shopping; every year I tell myself I want to get it all done early but seems every Christmas Eve I'm up until 1:00 am wrapping gifts! I'm determined that's not going to happen this year! Today I wrapped quite a few gifts; will be nice when I know that everything is done!
Me, Christian and Katia all have colds - 2nd one for all of us in less than 2 months - what a pain! I just hope that all the colds and sniffles are out of the way by Christmas and that we can enjoy our week in Austria in good health.
We had our first Christmas Party in the restaurant last week and though our December bookings were ok, they weren't anything to write home about, but surprisingly, they are coming in now thick and fast. I can't believe how many groups have left it so late to organise a party! Mind you, WE haven't organised anything for our staff!
Christian had some nice news last week - he got 80% on a science test, 84% on a math test (highest in his class) plus his trumpet instructor told him that he is doing alot better than he'd expected - hopefully due to our insistance that he start practicing more than 5 minutes per week!

Comments
Post a Comment