Happy New Year
Well...ok, so I'm a bit late at wishing a happy new year... We have been keeping fairly busy over the last month or so. We had a nice Christmas; Martin's cousin Jörn and his girlfriend Karin stayed with us over the holidays. Whad a nice visit and tried to do a bit of sightseeing with them, but both Jörn and Karin were quite sick with a bad cough & cold plus the weather here was appalling. Ok, so Wales in Winter isn't exactly known for being particularly sunny - but it's been worse than usual this year and I am downright sick of all this rain!
It's been about 3 months since Martin had his cycling accident and he is finally going in for keyhole surgery on his knee this Thursday - fingers crossed everything goes well and that he'll soon be on the mend!
Last weekend was quite an exciting one for Katia - last spring she started going to a children's drama club and last weekend was her first show with them. It was a Pantomine of Rapunzel. She had a non-speaking part (a bunny) - but was also in the chorus and had FOUR costume changes! She absolutely loved every minute of it and was a bit sad by the end of the last performance - though no doubt that will soon be replaced by excitement for the next!
We are all seriously looking forward to our trip to Canada and I can't believe I am saying it but I am almost looking forward to -20°C weather - for at least I might catch glimpse of the sun which is more than I can say for the weather around here lately!
I will post some photos later....
It's been about 3 months since Martin had his cycling accident and he is finally going in for keyhole surgery on his knee this Thursday - fingers crossed everything goes well and that he'll soon be on the mend!
Last weekend was quite an exciting one for Katia - last spring she started going to a children's drama club and last weekend was her first show with them. It was a Pantomine of Rapunzel. She had a non-speaking part (a bunny) - but was also in the chorus and had FOUR costume changes! She absolutely loved every minute of it and was a bit sad by the end of the last performance - though no doubt that will soon be replaced by excitement for the next!
We are all seriously looking forward to our trip to Canada and I can't believe I am saying it but I am almost looking forward to -20°C weather - for at least I might catch glimpse of the sun which is more than I can say for the weather around here lately!
I will post some photos later....

We, too are looking forward to your visit in February. It isn't
ReplyDelete-20, but a balmy -11 this morning going up to -2,later this afternoon....and sunny.
We're very proud of you, Katia, and are looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Good luck with your surgery Martin, we will be thinking of you.
Tata for now, see you in 22 days.
xoxox